[coreboot] unexpected exception errors loading vga rom

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Apr 22 23:26:13 CEST 2009

Joseph Smith wrote:
> Wow looks like there are alot of bugs in romcc.c !

I only looked at the very first ones:

API  Argument with 'nonnull' attribute passed null  romcc.c:10780

The thing to note here is that there are conditions to the error.
Code can very well be making sure that those conditions are in fact
never met, and I don't think scanbuild does a complex enough analysis
to know for sure. (Quite understandably!)

I agree it would be nice to have perfect analysis, and/or code more
suitable for analysis, but just want to point out that there can be
false positives depending on the coding style.

//Peter