[coreboot] unexpected exception errors loading vga rom

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Mon Apr 20 17:27:38 CEST 2009

Hello,
I keep getting unexpected exception errors on my IP1000 with builds over
the past 6 months or so. The unexpected exception errors are random errors
and are different every time, but seem to happen right about the time the
vga rom loads. I think it has something to do with x86emu and yabel loading
the vga rom. If I change it to boot up with out graphics it boots up every
time, no problem. If I enable the vga device (2.0) and allocate vga memory
but not load the vga rom it boots up every time no problem. So this tells
me it doesn’t like something the rom emulator is doing, right? This is
very strange because I do not have this problem with the RM4100… just the
IP1000 (brother boards).

I am going to try SeaBIOS and see if that works but what do I need to do to
implement HAVE_HIGH_TABLES on the IP1000? Anything special? Can someone
point me to some example boards that use HAVE_HIGH_TABLES?

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith