[coreboot] Romfs -> cbfs conversion

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:32:50 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Myles Watson wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> Do you still have any outstanding patches?
>
> I know of one more issue, coreboot.romfs as you mentioned.
>

>> It looks like there are still many references to romfs in src/lib/.
>
> Hm? grep gives me .svn/text-base/romfs.c.svn-base but nothing else.
> What files do you see?

myles at orangutan:svn$ grep -Ir romfs src/lib/ | grep -v svn | head
src/lib/romfs.c:#include <romfs.h>
src/lib/romfs.c:int romfs_decompress(int algo, void *src, void *dst, int len)
src/lib/romfs.c:int romfs_check_magic(struct romfs_file *file)
src/lib/romfs.c:struct romfs_header *romfs_master_header(void)
src/lib/romfs.c:	struct romfs_header *header;
src/lib/romfs.c:	header = (struct romfs_header *) ptr;
src/lib/romfs.c:struct romfs_file *romfs_find(const char *name)
src/lib/romfs.c:	struct romfs_header *header = romfs_master_header();
src/lib/romfs.c:		struct romfs_file *file = (struct romfs_file *) offset;
src/lib/romfs.c:		if (romfs_check_magic(file)) printk_info("Check
%s\n", ROMFS_NAME(file));

>> I also get this in the output of make:
>>
>> rm -f coreboot.cbfs
>> ./cbfstool ./coreboot.romfs create 524288 65536 ./coreboot.rom.bootblock
>
> Yeah. This is a tricky one.
>
> The coreboot.romfs filename is generated by the config tool for each
> image, by appending 'fs' to the image name:
> coreboot.rom becomes coreboot.romfs
>
> I am unsure how to approach this, because I don't know the config
> tool well enough.
>
> Can someone comment on whether it's simply safe to change that to a
> fixed coreboot.cbfs filename?

I think we should just make it output coreboot.rom and forget the fs
extension.  There's no reason to confuse people with two output files
based on a config option.

Thanks,
Myles