[coreboot] Romfs -> cbfs conversion

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Apr 15 23:23:23 CEST 2009

Myles Watson wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Do you still have any outstanding patches?

I know of one more issue, coreboot.romfs as you mentioned.

> It looks like there are still many references to romfs in src/lib/.

Hm? grep gives me .svn/text-base/romfs.c.svn-base but nothing else.
What files do you see?

> I also get this in the output of make:
>
> rm -f coreboot.cbfs
> ./cbfstool ./coreboot.romfs create 524288 65536 ./coreboot.rom.bootblock

Yeah. This is a tricky one.

The coreboot.romfs filename is generated by the config tool for each
image, by appending 'fs' to the image name:
coreboot.rom becomes coreboot.romfs

I am unsure how to approach this, because I don't know the config
tool well enough.

Can someone comment on whether it's simply safe to change that to a
fixed coreboot.cbfs filename?

//Peter