[coreboot] build service results for r4101 - Everything Broken?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:40:29 CEST 2009

to introduce a new option, you have to:
1. update src/config/Options.lb with the description of the option.
While you are at it, scan the existing options and make
sure the option you are creating doesn't already exist (yes, this has happened).
2. if the option affects code in a global/shared Config.lb, e.g.
src/console/Config.lb, that is used by many mainboads, you have to add
a 'uses' line to the mainboard Config.lb for each mainboard that ends
up using that option.

I just went through this with ROMFS. It is easy to do but I can do
this for you if you need it.

You can't just create options and use them one place. This strictness
is deliberate. In v1, people kept creating lots of options that
duplicated other options, and they kept setting/resetting them all
over the place and, still worse, people were using options they did
not know were used. So we adopted these strict rules in v2. It's a
pain I suppose but the tradeoff was worth it I think.

ron