[coreboot] Config.lb includes

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Apr 13 00:51:42 CEST 2009

We have 14 Config.lb files in the mainboard dir of our tree which all
contain exactly the same first section (comments and whitespace are
vastly different, but the code is identical):

Ron, you wrote that Config.lb can do include statements. I didn't find
any examples, but maybe I just looked at the wrong part of the code.
Tell me how to use the include statements and I'll refactor the section
below out of lots of boards.
--------------------------------------
##
## Compute the location and size of where this firmware image
## (coreboot plus bootloader) will live in the boot rom chip.
##
if USE_FAILOVER_IMAGE
        default ROM_SECTION_SIZE   = FAILOVER_SIZE
        default ROM_SECTION_OFFSET = ( ROM_SIZE - FAILOVER_SIZE )
else
    if USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE
        default ROM_SECTION_SIZE   = FALLBACK_SIZE
        default ROM_SECTION_OFFSET = ( ROM_SIZE - FALLBACK_SIZE -
FAILOVER_SIZE )
    else
        default ROM_SECTION_SIZE   = ( ROM_SIZE - FALLBACK_SIZE -
FAILOVER_SIZE )
        default ROM_SECTION_OFFSET = 0
    end
end

##
## Compute the start location and size size of
## The coreboot bootloader.
##
default PAYLOAD_SIZE             = ( ROM_SECTION_SIZE - ROM_IMAGE_SIZE )
default CONFIG_ROM_PAYLOAD_START = (0xffffffff - ROM_SIZE +
ROM_SECTION_OFFSET + 1)

##
## Compute where this copy of coreboot will start in the boot rom
##
default _ROMBASE      = ( CONFIG_ROM_PAYLOAD_START + PAYLOAD_SIZE )

##
## Compute a range of ROM that can cached to speed up coreboot,
## execution speed.
##
## XIP_ROM_SIZE must be a power of 2.
## XIP_ROM_BASE must be a multiple of XIP_ROM_SIZE
##
default XIP_ROM_SIZE=65536
#
if USE_FAILOVER_IMAGE
        default XIP_ROM_BASE = ( _ROMBASE - XIP_ROM_SIZE + ROM_IMAGE_SIZE)
else
    if USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE
        default XIP_ROM_BASE = ( _ROMBASE - XIP_ROM_SIZE +
ROM_IMAGE_SIZE + FAILOVER_SIZE)
    else
        default XIP_ROM_BASE = ( _ROMBASE - XIP_ROM_SIZE + ROM_IMAGE_SIZE)
    end
end

I'd like to place the section above in a generic
failover_size_calculation.lb file included by the respective targets.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/