[coreboot] build service results for r4085

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Apr 12 23:15:17 CEST 2009

Russell Whitaker wrote:
>>>>>> I think cbfstool works,
>
> I'm a bit confused.

I understand that, and apologize for this confusion.

> I thought romfs -> cbfs per an earlier thread.

That is completely correct. It was unfortunate to have so much work
pass by the list before the final name was established.

> Is romtool the same as romfs?

The original proposal consisted of a file format description suitable
for PC firmware, and source code for a utility that worked with this
file format. The file format was originally called ROMFS, and the
utility was originally called romtool. This code has been committed
to the svn repo, and various changes have been made to introduce the
use of this new file format, and the utility through coreboot.

The name of the file format is changing to CBFS. The description
remains the same, only the name changes. Likewise for the utility.
We're now discussing what would be a good name for the utility.

//Peter