[coreboot] Fix some PCI issues on M57SLI v2

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Sat Apr 4 12:54:52 CEST 2009

On Friday 03 April 2009 21:33:15 Ward Vandewege wrote:
The first part of your message was fine to read, but this one worries me a
little bit.

> However, I got this after having the machine up for a while:
>
> [  999.664992] Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 00.
> [  999.665144] Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason a1.
> [  999.665147] You have some hardware problem, likely on the PCI bus.
> [  999.665149] Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
> [  999.667309] Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
> [  999.667309] Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
>
> This was right after I did
>
>   cat /proc/interrupts
>
> a couple times - but that may have been a coincidence.
I think it could have been a coincidence, but i'd be interested in further
details, as this is maybe a result of a "wrong" mptable setup.

Which kernel version did you use on which distribution?
dmesg output, lspci output, /proc/interrupts, and anything else which could be
interesting. :)

> Ideas?
Right now, not really, but i saw according to your last outputs of m57sli
which you gave to me, that something with the interrupts is different on v1 and
v2 and proprietary bios. This could also be a related to different bios
versions we use, but also it could be a hardware difference which we should
take care about.

I think for simplifying/sorting out things, it would be good if you could
switch to the same vendor bios version that i use and resend me your
acpidump/dmesg/lspci from the vendor bios.
I use version FG for v2 which is dated on 2008/03/07 and, i think, is equal to
F14 of v1 which is dated on the same day.

Maybe it will be necessary to introduce some config value like:
CONFIG_M57SLI_HARDWARE_REVISION
to get the interrupt problem fixed on both versions of m57sli.
A hardware difference could also have been the reason why Soft-Poweroff didn't
work on your v1 while it worked fine on my v2.

I hope we can avoid that step and the mistake is located somewhere else, but
we'll see.

> Thanks,
> Ward.
Thanks for testing,