[coreboot] Remaining ROMCC targets

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Apr 4 00:26:19 CEST 2009

On 03.04.2009 20:20, Joseph Smith wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 19:05:28 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> This is a list of targets using ROMCC together with the CPU type used
>> for ROMCC.
>>

> rca/rm4100 p3
> thomson/ip1000 p3
> Are my doings. I would love to see them using CAR instead of ROMCC, but I
> wouldn't even know where to start....

Great. Will a bad reflash hurt you?

What you need to try this one out:
- a POST card or another way to fetch POST codes.
- tell me whether POST works by default or you need special setup.
- a will to try out v3 with some patches

The idea is to test the v3 intel CAR code which has not been on real
hardware yet, but it is a much cleaner and more readable implementation
compared to v2. I'm hoping we don't need chipset specific stuff for POST
to work.

I need info on the cache size of your processor, though. Unreliable CAR
is not nearly as much fun as reliable CAR.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/