[coreboot] VIA Epia-MII CF question

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Fri Apr 3 23:57:26 CEST 2009

Hi again!

Another point from http://www.coreboot.org/VIA_EPIA-MII
is the need to recreate the initrd.

When I install the system with Ubuntu's 2.6.24-22-generic kernel
and initrd, the installation environment recognizes the cf
as ata3.

There it works.

When I boot through FILO, using the below line, no such luck.

    CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_FILE="hde1:/vmlinuz initrd=/initrd.img root=/dev/sdb1"

The wiki "lets me" either use the CF slot as standard ide or through
pcmcia-utils.

This standard-ide approach, as said, did not work.

Is the wiki wrong?

Can there be something wrong with FILO that would cause this
ata3 not found?

PS:

After ata1/ata2 detection, I get dropped into an initramfs shell,
missing the root device node.

I couldn't find anything about pcmcia-utils in the initrd, which would
screw the bus up.

I then created a modified initrd with yenta_socket and friends, and
pata_pcmcia didn't not get automatically installed.

On manual installation of everything that was involved in the installation,
like pata_pcmcia and whatever, nothing happened. (!)

Anything?

Thanks!

--
mjt