[coreboot] AMD RS690 / SB600 candidate boards with socketed ROM

bari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Sep 30 18:19:59 CEST 2008

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 09:35:21AM -0500, bari wrote:
>
>> It would be great if you could get the AM2, 690/600 code to work on a
>> few production boards that are readily available through distributors.
>>

> I've also looked at some candidate boards with RS690 chipset. So far I've
> found quite a few boards which still have a socketed ROM chip (SOIC8 or PLCC).
>
> Soldered-on ROM chips are unfortunate as recovery without soldering skills
> is usually impossible.
>
> See http://www.coreboot.org/Desktops for details.
>

> HTH, Uwe.

The desktop boards probably won't be on the shelves for long. The AMD
790 has already replaced much of it. There are a few mini-itx boards in
long term production that may make more sense.

Many are found here:

http://wwwd.amd.com/catalog/salescat.nsf/shopsearchview?SearchView&Query=%5Bform_factor=Mini-ITX%5D%20and%20%5Bprocessor=AMD%20Athlon%E2%84%A2%2064%5D

-Bari