[coreboot] FILO creating filo.conf

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:20:04 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:43 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
>> > As an optional feature, everyone pretty much said they want to be
>> > able to do such a drive scan only a few days ago. Would be great if
>> > you want to hack on it! :)
>>
>> I do think this would be better approach. I don't think scanning a
>> top level directory would take very long.

Yes, a command in filo to scan for drives and report what he found would
be a great enhancement. I'll certainly test patches that try to achieve this.

> The issue is not with filesystem structure. The issue is with drives.
> Scanning drives takes some time, at least a few seconds per drive or
> so.

If this is implemented as a command, and not part of default filo startup
that would be fine, scanning has to be started by user interactively.

> Once the correct drive has been found, finding the boot files is
> usually quick because only few sectors needs to be read.

Yeah, the hard part is finding which "string" to give filo as drive name,
the file name is often already known. Not that I wouldn't want the "find"
command get an implementation that do something, tho...

--
Vincent Legoll