[coreboot] Multiboot support

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Sep 9 22:46:25 CEST 2008

On 09/09/08 22:28 +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 10:05:27PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > Robert Millan wrote:

> > > Multiboot is not really something that is "parsed" like ELF.
> > What makes you say so? What part would keep multiboot from being preparsed?
>
> I think it's better if I provide a proof-of-concept patch, and then we discuss
> how this preparsing would work.

Indeed - lets stop trying to beat up Robert and let him write some code.
We do not want to be that project that never matures because we are too
busy trying to second guess ourselves and generate "perfect" code
out of the chute.  Working code beats conjecture any
day of the week.  Robert - make multiboot work, and we will adjust our
home-grown half baked "standards" to your needs, and not force you to
adjust yours to ours.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse