[coreboot] via vt82c686 southbridge

Daniel Lindenaar daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu
Tue Sep 9 21:41:47 CEST 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Daniel Lindenaar
> <daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu> wrote:
>
>> ron minnich wrote:

>> Cr*p it seems I've overlooked that there were only 126 errors and actually
>> 0x5a and 0x5b did reply... Does this help?

Woohoo, it does help. When you divide 0x5a by two, you get 0x2d, when
you divide 0x5b by two, you get 0x2d again. 0x2d is a device that was
shown by i2cdump... So I figured, maybe the vt8235_early_smbus code i
copied from contains a bug and voila... the address is not shifted left
by 1 bit before it's written to bit 7-1 of the IO register containing
the slave address! Now smbus works. Coreboot as a whole not yet, but I
think this has something to do with the payload.

the log ends with:

elfboot: Attempting to load payload.
rom_stream: 0xfffe0000 - 0xfffeffff
No header at 0
No header at 16
No header at 32
No header at 48
No header at 64
No header at 80
No header at 96
No header at 112
No header at 128
No header at 144
No header at 160
No header at 176
No header at 192
No header at 208
No header at 224
No header at 240
No header at 256
No header at 272
No header at 288
No header at 304
No header at 320
No header at 336
No header at 352
No header at 368
No header at 384
---
snip
---
No header at 8096
header_offset is -1
Can not load ELF Image.

I was trying to use filo as a bootloader, but apparently something went
wrong.

any hints?

regards
Daniel