[coreboot] open development branch of filo. filo-0.5 is frozen (and obsolete)
stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Sep 9 11:31:42 CEST 2008
Joseph Smith wrote:
> open development branch of filo. filo-0.5 is frozen (and obsolete)
It means we started putting FILO into maintained mode again, cleaning it
up and moving it towards an 1.0 release.
The general idea is to make the code compact and simple and get rid of
the "grabbed and plugged together" nature of the FILO source code.
Some of the new features:
- Kconfig based configuration (make menuconfig)
- uses libpayload now, which allowed to drop quite some license
header-less files (including a working USB/UHCI stack)
- Windows CE support (Thanks, Artec!)
- many small and not so small bug fixes
Some of the planned features:
- drop reliance on grub console code, use libpayload's tinycurses instead.
- simple driver concept to allow plug-in boot device drivers without
changing 10 different places in the code
- merge Peter Stuge's multi block read patches
coresystems GmbH • Brahmsstr. 16 • D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
Email: info at coresystems.de • http://www.coresystems.de/
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg • HRB 7656
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Reinauer • Ust-IdNr.: DE245674866
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 249 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the coreboot