[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Sep 9 03:49:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 03:22:38AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 09.09.2008 02:46, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > I've attached a code snippet below - it's only to illustrate the
> > general idea.
> >

> Yes, and it won't work because there can't be global variables in stage1
> because there's no place to store them.

We can't access memory after initram completes?  Global variables are
just memory addresses.  One clearly can not access them before memory
is available - but why can't we access them after memory is up?

>The stack switching is a processor
> dependent operation because it has to be coupled with disabling CAR.

Okay - can you elaborate on what those dependencies are?  Is there a
phase where we can access CAR but not main memory?

-Kevin