[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Sep 7 22:14:02 CEST 2008

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> >OK where do we want v3 reserved memory?
>
> I think we can reserve last MB of RAM, where we will copy coreboot
> and stacks/heaps.

I would ideally like to use the correct location all the time so that
we don't have to copy.

Is it doable to determine coreboot RAM location at runtime?

> If anyone is worried about the "waste" of last MB. I think we can
> hotplug the memory back to OS through ACPI, got some experimental
> ASL code, but kernel panicked. Maybe it is there some glitch.

Then we can't suspend again. Seems problematic. Those who enable
suspend/resume in our Kconfig will simply have to pay the cost of
some RAM.

> The code absolutely _must_ _not_ write to any other memory. No
> strange AP stacks in random 0 - 640kb ;)

Right, this is my concern.

//Peter