[coreboot] wiki account request (for GRUB 2)

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Sep 5 17:52:51 CEST 2008

Robert Millan wrote:
> I have nothing to say about what you will be recommending as default bootloader
> in the future.  Right now your wiki still recommends GRUB 2, and I suppose
> Coresystems folks will want to push for FILO.  But this is not a discussion
> I want to be involved in (just wanted to clarify ;-)).

We've not been pushing any "default bootloader" in the past, nor will we
do so in the future.
I believe coreboot is about freedom and choice. And about making stuff
that people can actually use.
Now, this last criteria is different for a multitude of use cases.
> What I'm concerned about is that http://www.coreboot.org/GRUB2 in the wiki
> currently points to a branch of GRUB that is (unless I missed something)
> no longer being maintained.  And it provides information that will, over time,
> become more and more obsolete.  I'm worried that this can reflect bad on the
> image of GRUB.

I wonder whether we need to keep our own GRUB2 page at all, since
there's a coreboot page in the GRUB2 wiki already and if things go as
you suggest, one of them will eventually be a copy of the other one.

> So what I'd like is permission to keep it up to date, and reflect the current
> state of GRUB mainline.  If you would give me a wiki account to do that, it'd
> be much appreciated.

Use ist wisely. And please create User:RobertMillan so people know who
you are.

All the best,

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613