[coreboot] Using only one romcc copy

Mats Erik Andersson mats.andersson at gisladisker.se
Tue Sep 2 22:13:20 CEST 2008

Hello Carl-Daniel,

I did one round of timing the build processes:

Original make command:                      0m42.323s
My reduction and a clean start:             0m30.955s
After that a 'make clean' and renewed make: 0m23.081s

The timings might not be typical, but the time saving seems
to be substantial in the 'middle case' where only one romcc
needs to be built, as well as in the last case were romcc
is fully reused for both rom-images.

Since I only have used coreboot-v2, I have no knowledge
whether my utility could be applied also to coreboot-v3.

Best regards

Mats Erik Andersson