[coreboot] Flashrom problem

Collin Gregory collin.gregory at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:16:43 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbies in coreboot installation but not in linux, hopefully :)
When i'm launching flashrom, i get this error message :

Can't mmap memory using /dev/mem : Invalid ARgument ...

Does anyone knows what does it means ?

My motherboard is the D945gclf with these technical informations :

- Soldered-down Intel(R) Atom(R) processor 230 with a 533 MHz system bus
- Intel(R) 945GC Chipset, consisting of:
• Intel(R) 82945GC Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
 • Intel(R) 82801GB I/O Controller Hub (ICH7)
 - Realtek* ALC662 for the sound chipset
- Intel(R) GMA950 onboard graphics subsystem Video
- SMSC LPC47M997 based Legacy I/O controller for hardware management,
serial, parallel, and PS/2* ports
- Realtek RTL8102EL LAN adapter device

Thanks for your help !!!!

Greg