[coreboot] r964 - coreboot-v3/util/x86emu

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 30 01:09:25 CET 2008

On 29.10.2008 23:36, ron minnich wrote:
> Just unshare. I am happy with patches that eliminate shared code entirely.

Unsharing just postpones the problem for another 6 months or so. After
that, the new code will fail as well. Besides that, wasting the whole
boot block is not exactly my idea of efficiency.

Anyone thinking of this should be aware that unsharing will be LOTS of
fun, especially considering global variables, avoiding garbage on serial
and so on. We will need to compile code with different #ifdef sections
based on where it lives and previously shared parts of the code will
look more and more like old ROMCC code.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--