[coreboot] Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D support status

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Oct 25 19:58:46 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 07:23:50PM +0200, razor1394 wrote:
> Is anyone working on this?

Yes, I'll post a patch soonish.

> I'm more than ready to flash my secondary computer with the same board but
> another bios and a different firmware chip . The information posted before
> was generated from my primary computer (gemenon). I would like to skip that
> one for now until I know that the flash will work ok as It's very tight in
> that case with all the water-cooling and cables in case I need to swap
> chips.

I'm not sure I got that right -- I'm currently preparing a patch for
your Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D.

Whether or not you flash your chip in that board, or in another
supported board (by flashrom), or in some external programmer doesn't
matter; you'll have to insert the flashed chip with coreboot into
the Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D either way, though.

> The firmware chip of the secondary computer (leonis) is a
>
> PMC Flash
> MGN59
> 0312
> Pm49FL004T-33JC
>
> Seems to be fully supported by flashrom according to the main site.

The chip itself, yes. This is not sufficient though, there could be
mainboard-specific hacking required for flashrom to work, and you cannot
find out unless you try writing an image on a chip _in_ that board.

IMPORTANT: Only do that with an _empty_ or otherwise unused ROM chip,
as this may "break" your chip if it does _not_ work properly.

Uwe.