[coreboot] Why no web-browsing for v3 source code?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 23 18:54:58 CEST 2008

Hello Yu Ning,

FENG Yu Ning wrote:
> I think web-browsing is a convenient way to read(learn) source
> code.

I also think it can be useful!

> Is there any reason that web-browsing for v3 source code is not
> provided?

I don't think there is. Probably there has just not been a trac set
up for v3 yet. Meanwhile you can use ViewVC:

http://coreboot.org/viewvc/?root=coreboot-v3

> BTW, I think the coreboot v3 documents and the pdf are very
> informative, and are also elementaries for a new developer.
> Therefore, is it a good idea to reference them in the developer
> manual (accessed from the frontpage)?

Hm, that's a good point, but I suppose the Developer manual page is
so far only really meant to apply for version 2 so far. If you want
an account to help improve the wiki please send Stefan an email, to:
stepan at coresystems.de

Jordan Crouse wrote:
> Grr - because the Trac viewer can't understand multiple roots,
> apparently.

I believe it's a fundamental design decision in trac. But they are
working on some good solutions for it.

http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/buildrom/
http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/filo/

> Have I mentioned how much I dislike Trac?  :)

Why? (Besides it being a web app?)

//Peter