[coreboot] patch: unshare pci operations

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Oct 21 17:47:39 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 08:28:09AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 21.10.2008 01:50, ron minnich wrote:
> > Now we have to unshare the console functions; a bit trickier as they
> > may also call string functions. I figure we will leave LAR shared.
> What about mapping the bootblock to the ROM window below 1M as was
> discussed some time ago? I know it does not exactly look like fun, but
> AFAIK all recent and ancient chipsets mirror the top 64k there.

If I understand correctly, the window mirroring is chipset specific.
Why not copy the area instead of remapping it?  This way one can avoid
the chipset specific logic.

Long term though, I think we're better off deploying something like
SeaBIOS and using it to run the option roms.  After all, the option
rom support is going to need to implement bios calls at some point..

-Kevin