[coreboot] SimNOW VGA int 1a

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 21:32:34 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait a second.  The reason this is broken is that the code setting the PCI
> decode register is in the ROM.  Can we fix this by calling
> pci_conf1_write_config32 instead?  It looks like it's in RAM.

sure, but ANY call to ROM will fail. There is a huge hole:
vga bios calls pcibios to set BAR 10 to ffffffff

There is a huge window here: any call to ROM code will fail, so that
includes printk (we do this on each pcibios call), and just about
anything else.

So we have a problem with a fundamental design decision

ron