[coreboot] [RFC] v3: Stack switching abstraction for C7 and later Intel processors

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 22:21:05 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Marc Jones <Marc.Jones at amd.com> wrote:

> Why not ret and do a call (or ljmp) from stage0_main to main(). It would
> make the code easier to follow and it would be easy to add code if anything
> were required between disable car and the jmp.

OK Marc is right again. Marc, you have to stop this ;-)

So the operation is something like this:
disable_car()
disable_car copies stacks. The top of stack has a valid ROM address --
this code runs from ROM.

Disable_car returns to stage1. stage1 calls the next function. My only
worry is that happens to %ebp but ... this might be workable.

ron