[coreboot] it8712f com1

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 19:37:01 CEST 2008

there is an it8712f com1 on this board I have. superiotool says this:
LDN 0x01 (COM1)
idx 30 60 61 70 f0 f1 f2 f3
val 01 03 f8 04 00 50 00 7f
def 00 03 f8 04 00 50 00 7f

linux says this:
serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
00:05: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
setserial says this:
sudo setserial /dev/ttyS0
[sudo] password for rminnich:
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

minicom is happy. I just can't talk to it. I figure I ought to be able
to short pins 2,3 and at least get loopback. No good.

Connection is to a 10 pin header on the board. I've got nice clips
shorting things together on that header and ... no good.

My mental toolbox is running empty. Any ideas? Is this chip so
benighted that it actually demands modem control signals (null modem
is somewhere else but I guess I can
start twisting wires together).

Anybody got a handy dandy 'short wires logically' program lying
around? I am running out of time ....

ron