[coreboot] simple useful utility

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:15:48 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent.legoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:18 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> if anybody wants to dash this off today, we need it.
>>
>> The utillity would read the routing registers in k8 north and print
>> out what they mean. You get this info from config space.
>
> Could you explain what you call "routing registers"
>
>> I wrote one of these for the ultra 40 project and then lost it when I
>> shipped the machine back to xtreme data ...
>>
>> it's easy but I don't have time today. It might tell us what is up
>> with v3/serengeti.
>
> I might give that a shot if it's not too difficult

get this doc:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/32559.pdf

see page: 72 address map

it's very well written and also very easy to figure out.

You can start using setpci to get each register value out, then write
simple functions for each register type to decode it. Take the simple
function approach so we can use these in coreinfo, libpayload,
coreboot, or whereever.

ron