[coreboot] alix.2c3 stops at mainboard_pre_payload: done

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Oct 10 18:33:39 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 07:17:48PM +0300, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> > Yes, it does work for me. At 115200n8 of course. Note that the alix ships
> > with tinybios set to a (much) lower speed.
>
> yes, I know, it's 38400, but I use 115200 for your image -- it's hard not to
> notice this :)

OK, cool, just making sure.

> > > also what kind of linux distribution you have? does it work with busybox
> > > also?
> >
> > I use voyage linux (http://linux.voyage.hk), which is basically Debian +
> > some specifics for embedded systems. It specifically supports alix, and it
> > really easy to install onto a CF card from your pc.
>
> hmm... will look at it
> I suppose it uses busybox too, right?

No - it's a full-blown debian.

> Can you post your `cat /proc/cmdline` and /etc/inittab (if it's set to use
> one)?

Sure:

# cat /proc/cmdline
root=LABEL=ROOT_FS console=ttyS0,115200n8

and from inittab, this is the relevant line:

T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 115200

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator