[coreboot] alix.2c3 stops at mainboard_pre_payload: done

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Oct 9 22:23:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 10:20:29PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:

> > > My 1c has the serial port on a superio chip. I recognize this
> > > problem from other boards. I also have a 3c3 where I saw this
> > > before I fried the 5536 ATA driver.
> >
> > Sorry didn't understand what you actually mean here... that I have
> > fried my hardware?
>
> Sorry! No not at all!
>
> The serial port on alix1c is on the Winbond superio chip. The alix2
> and 3 boards do not have this superio chip and their serial port is
> connected directly to the 5536 - and this is probably the reason that
> serial doesn't work anymore.

I don't understand - serial works fine for me on the 2c3. Getting serial to
work was in fact the 'hardest' part of doing the 2c3 port based on the .1c
code, because of the absense of the winbond superio chip. It required all of
changing a few lines of code :)

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator