[coreboot] v3: please don't touch stage0.S files

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 8 02:02:57 CEST 2008

On 07.10.2008 02:26, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 07.10.2008 02:20, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> I'm currently trying to consolidate as much v3 stage0 code as possible
>> into one preferred form with the best comments and coding style. That
>> will allow us to split out common parts and focus on the
>> processor-specific code.
>> However, I'm not yet done, so please don't perform cleanups/patches on
>> these files right now. That saves me a lot of work.
>> Thanks!
>>

> Let me add that real code bugfixes are of course allowed, although I
> have queued up a few of them as well.
>
> Expected duration of that lock on the code is ~24 hours.

Reorganization is mostly done (r902, r905, r907), next step is factoring
out common code and committing a few bugfixes.

I'd say the lock is semi-lifted. Bugfixes are encouraged, cleanups may
interfere with the other pending patches I'll send in the next few minutes.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/