[coreboot] v3 updates

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:35:55 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you help me understand how we get from this picture from the 8111 data
> sheet to the serengeti dts?  It looks like to me that the nic and ide
> portions should be included in the amd8111 dts, not the board dts.  I'm also
> confused why the ide and nic entries seem to be on the same bus.

nic and ide are in mainboard dts so we can set control variables.

v3 is like v2 in that dts topology reflects mainboard topology but
does also show some detailsof chipset topology.

nic and ide on same bus? That's my mistake, pure and simple. The
mainboard dts is wrong.

We're in the learning phase here on dts for boards like this. We
understand simple boards like geode boards. This is our first complex
hierarchy board.

Welcome to Adventure!

ron