[coreboot] SeaBIOS and the Geode LX framebuffer

Stephen Crocker scrocker at ampltd.com
Mon Oct 6 16:31:03 CEST 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 03.10.2008 12:29, Stephen Crocker wrote:
>> Is there a way of getting VGA support with SeaBIOS on the AMD Geode LX
>> framebuffer?  I have successfully built and tested a BIOS image that
>> appears to boot into DOS but the lack of display means that it is of
>> little use.  Is there a VGA ROM image that I can include?
>
> You'd need a VGA emulation VSA and AFAIK that piece of software is not
> available as open source due to an interesting rights situation.

How much of this is handled in AMD's binary VSA module?  I have been
looking through both the AMD and OpenVSA source and it looks as if the
lxvg module is supposed to handle VGA SMIs but I cannot find where this
is actually done.

Incidentally, I have noticed that the AMD VSA source available from
dev.laptop.org cannot be used to build an image with CS5536 support.  Is
this an old version and, if so, is newer source available?