[coreboot] Intel i855pm northbridge

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 11:18:50 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
>> So what am I missing in the 0x70h versus 0x7Ch difference ?
>>
>> Could someone please gently enlighten me ?
>
> Looks like a typo to me, I guess in the code, but it could also be in
> the datasheet.
>
> Be careful with the 855pm code though, I think it's unfinished and
> possibly never ever worked. If you really plan to add support for some
> newer Intel chipsets (which is not a small project mind you), I'd start
> with the i3100 code, which is in good shape quality-wise and has been
> confirmed working on hardware.

I looked at the other intel northbridges, and this certainly looks more like
a typo than anything else now. For example the 7501 has the 0x7Ch
from its datasheet... No other intel northbridge seem to have a
reset_test()...

I've already understood that I'll need more than i855pm, for example
it's single channel RAM...

Thanks for the i3100 hint, btw

--
Vincent Legoll