[coreboot] triple fault in SimNOW

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 23:22:02 CEST 2008

Just reset and go.  If you close the bsd you'll never see PCI problems of
values that are not cleared on a reset or CMOS problems.  Since switching
the BIOS only changes the code the simulation runs, I would have thought it
would be totally safe.  If we can't trust that it makes life a lot more
interesting.

When you press the "log config space" button, do you know where the log
goes?

In the log you can see that PCI bus 0 device 6 is initialized, but bus 1
never shows up anywhere.  Bus 1 is the PCI bus from the bridge at bus 0 dev
6 as far as I can tell.

> I'm not totally inclined to totally trust the sim depending on how you
> are doing the switch. The sim seems to like reset between switching
> bios flash parts. My procedure is to have a coreboot bsd, and always
> close and open that bsd when I change things; and, finally, once the
> bsd opens, I always hit reset.

I always start with the same bsd, no matter what I'm doing.

Thanks,
Myles