[coreboot] patch: add support for blobs; example SMM blob included

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 28 04:25:52 CET 2008

On 27.11.2008 00:51, ron minnich wrote:
> We should remove the 'cp coreboot.rom bios.bin' in the makefile btw.
> make bios.bin a target or yank it.

That's a helper for qemu. Basically, qemu expects bios.bin, and the copy
operation reduces the amount of stuff you have to do before you can boot
Qemu with the new ROM. I have to admit it does not make sense for
anything besides Qemu. Making bios.bin a separate target would have the
Qemu target diverge from all other targets. And
"make bios.bin"
is really not much an improvement over
"make; cp build/coreboot.rom build/bios.bin".

I'm open to removing it completely, but I don't feel strongly for either
removal or unchanged keeping as long as invoking the build process for
Qemu doesn't diverge.

Tell me what you want and I'll cook up a patch.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/