[coreboot] YABEL: Yet another (legacy) BIOS Emulation Layer

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 20:43:27 CET 2008

On 27.11.2008 20:34, Pattrick Hueper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is the copyright header:
>
> /******************************************************************************
>  * Copyright (c) 2004, 2008 IBM Corporation
>  * All rights reserved.
>  * This program and the accompanying materials
>  * are made available under the terms of the BSD License
>  * which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
>  * http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php
>  *
>  * Contributors:
>  *     IBM Corporation - initial implementation
>  *****************************************************************************/
>
> and this the license file:
>
> Copyright (c) 2004, 2008 IBM Corporation
> All rights reserved.
> Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
> met:
> Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
> this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
> Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
> Neither the name of IBM nor the names of its contributors may be used
> to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
> specific prior written permission.
>
> THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
> "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
> LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
> A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
> OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
> SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
> LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
> DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
> THEORYOF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
> (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
> OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
>

> I'm afraid, that this is the licence with the advertising clause?
> (Redistribution in binary form...)?

Fortunately, that license does not have an advertising clause.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_license has a bit more info on that.
The "Redistribution in binary form" clause is often mistaken for the
advertising clause. I'm guilty of mixing this up in the past.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/