[coreboot] dt compiler patch

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:24:21 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm comfortable with the idea that this is the way we want to go, but it
> > doesn't work for me yet.  We could commit to make patching easier.  I
> guess
> > it's up to you how functional you want it before committing.
>
> We'll commit when
> 1. it works for you
> 2. I can build a working dbe62 target (which I still can)
>
> You have the token for now.

I'm not sure that's wise.  I'm breaking more than fixing right now.

Here's the latest snippet:
  DTC     mainboard/amd/serengeti/dts (dts->lbh)
name_node: pci at 0,0(usb11)
name_node: pci at 0,1(usb12)
name_node: pci at 0,2(usb2)
name_node: pci at 1,0(nic)
name_node: pci at 0,0(multilevel_root)
name_node: pci at 1,0(lpc)
name_node: pci at 1,1(ide)
name_node: pci at 1,2(smbus)
name_node: pci at 1,3(acpi)
name_node: pci at 1,5(ac97audio)
name_node: pci at 1,6(ac97modem)
name_node: pci at 1,7(dev7)
name_node: NULL(nic)
name_node: NULL(ide)
name_node: ioport at 2e(NULL)
name_node: NULL(lpc)
fixup_properties: before fixups mainboard tree nic()
NULL(nic)
fixup_properties: before fixups chipnodes tree multilevel_root(pci at 0,0)
pci at 0,0(multilevel_root)
 pci at 0,0(usb11)
 pci at 0,1(usb12)
 pci at 0,2(usb2)
 pci at 1,0(nic)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and multilevel_root(pci at 0,0)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and lpc(pci at 1,0)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and ide(pci at 1,1)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and smbus(pci at 1,2)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and acpi(pci at 1,3)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and ac97audio(pci at 1,5)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and ac97modem(pci at 1,6)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and dev7(pci at 1,7)
fixup_properties: checking nic() and nic()
fixup_properties: last_child NULL()
fixup_properties: matched and deleting nic((null))
del_node: matched and deleting nic((null))
del_node: expect seg fault nic((null))
/bin/sh: line 1:  3615 Segmentation fault
/home/myles/buildrom/try/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/coreboot-v3/svn/build/util/dtc/dtc
-O lbh mainboard/amd/serengeti/dts >/tmp/statictree.h.$
make: ***
[/home/myles/buildrom/try/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/coreboot-v3/svn/build/statictree.h]
Error 139

The "expect seg fault" line means that del_node got passed a node with no
parent.  That means I don't understand enough what's going on here.  I was
expecting the parent to be set to pci at 0,0 (from the mainboard dts), but it
hasn't been made yet (no name_node for it yet)

Help me understand.  Should we just take out the sibling links all together
from del?  Have they not been added yet?

Thanks,
Myles