[coreboot] r3770 - trunk/util/msrtool

Jordan Crouse jordan at cosmicpenguin.net
Tue Nov 25 18:12:14 CET 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Jordan Crouse <jordan at cosmicpenguin.net> wrote:
>
>> Any reason why we don't just drink all the koolaid and use the full
>> autoconf/automake/pkgconfig system in all its glory?  This seems to be
>> fairly prone to porting issues - especially the -I/usr/local/include bit.
>>

> glory is not a word I usually associate with that stuff :-)

Okay, fair enough. But heres the thing - "that stuff" has already
figured out some of the icker bits of trying to find libraries and other
such things - and when other people come along to try to adapt this code
in their build systems they will appreciate breakage in a common
location rather then you introducing new but slightly familiar breakage
that they then need to understand.

Jordan