[coreboot] GRUB / Initrd problem fixed

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Wed Nov 19 13:20:23 CET 2008

Hi,

As it's been recently found out (thanks to Ward for spotting this), there was
a problem in the Linux loader of GRUB that is used on coreboot, that prevented
Linux from finding its Initrd images under certain setups (when both Initrd and
amount of RAM surpassed a certain limit).  It seems that Linux has certain
requirements on Initrd location which our new loader didn't know about.

This problem has just been fixed in latest SVN.  I've tested with a few
different images (including those from Debian and Ubuntu), and everything
seems to be fine now.

I'd like to encourage you folks to try the latest revision.  If coreboot
specific problems are found, feel free to let grub-devel at gnu.org know (or mail
me directly if you like).

--
Robert Millan