[coreboot] [patch] i82810 WIP for fixing VGA and 512MB

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 05:04:54 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Elia Yehuda <z4ziggy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:59:07 +0200, "Elia Yehuda" <z4ziggy at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > just noticed ive put it in cpu_bus_ops... have a laugh...
>> >
>> No worries, this is how we learn :-)
>> >
>> > but i dont have "static struct device_operations mc_ops" - where should
>> > add
>> > the .ops_pci ?
>> >
>> Little confused about what your trying to do here. This doesn't work??
>>
>> static const struct pci_driver northbridge_driver __pci_driver = {
>>         .ops    = &northbridge_operations,
>>         .vendor = PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL,
>>         .device = 0x7120,
>> };
>>

> this works just fine. i simply don't know where to add ".ops_pci" since i
> dont have
> "static struct device_operations mc_ops" in northbridge.c

You should be able to add it to pci_domain_ops, but be sure to check that it
actually runs. Otherwise, you'll need to create that mc_ops driver with just
the .ops_pci and everything else set to NULL, and use this:

static void enable_dev(struct device *dev)
{
    struct device_path path; //unused?

    /* Set the operations if it is a special bus type */
    if (dev->path.type == DEVICE_PATH_PCI_DOMAIN) {
        dev->ops = &pci_domain_ops;
        pci_set_method(dev);
    } else if (dev->path.type == DEVICE_PATH_APIC_CLUSTER) {
        dev->ops = &cpu_bus_ops;
    } else if (dev->path.type == DEVICE_PATH_PCI) {
        dev->ops = &mc_ops;
    }
}

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say, I'm a bit tired right now.

-Corey