[coreboot] LPCflasher Project

steve at fl-eng.com steve at fl-eng.com
Sat Nov 15 23:18:24 CET 2008

Hi

You could diode isolate the vin to a buck boost to isolate it's input and you
can diode isolate its output to create a pseduo isolated regulator that would
prevent reverse bias from being a big problem.

Typically, the output stage of a buck/buck-boost regulator is an inductor-
capacitor. The voltage on the cap is the regulated rippled/filtered output.
Then there usually is a resistor feedback network right at the capacitor to
feedback the cap voltage to the regulator IC and close the loop; so you can
actually regulate the output.

You can usually put a diode after the inductor and before the capacitor to
pseudo isolate the output. The feedback network should still be located at
the capacitor though. This way, the regulator will achieve your desired output
voltage (that you set through the resistor divider network) regardless of the
diode drops.

Steve Spano