[coreboot] Seabios stop at Harddisk boot.

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Thu Nov 13 11:13:20 CET 2008

JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn wrote:
> I found (hint by ruik=Rudolf ?) it is  due to the memory I reserved
> “004000 - 0000000000029000 = 2”.

Yes thats me ;) I have nick Ruik but using Rudolf as for emails. Please note
that windows dislike to be reserved memory "a000 and above" leave the hole
there. In other words leave it as it is ;)

Also if you will move the coreboot to some higher location keep in mind that
windows/ACPI needs first 8MB without any reserved memory. As we discussed on IRC
best would be to move the coreboot to some TOPMEM-VGAMEM-something And then use
the backup approach for first 1MB.

I recall someone had the "poison memory patch" to observe what memory was
touched by coreboot? Uwe? Carldani?

Thanks,
Rudolf