[coreboot] Coreboot on Tyan S2892

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 12 23:09:55 CET 2008

Anose, Bijoy K (N-Aerotek) wrote:
> I tried using LAB, but the LAB kernel build failed with what looked
> like linker errors:
>
> kernel/built-in.o: In function `getnstimeofday':
> (.text+0x15491): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
> kernel/built-in.o: In function `do_gettimeofday':
> (.text+0x1553c): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
> kernel/built-in.o: In function `do_gettimeofday':
> (.text+0x1555f): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
> kernel/built-in.o: In function `update_wall_time':
> (.text+0x15c55): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
> kernel/built-in.o: In function `update_wall_time':
> (.text+0x15c7f): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
> make[1]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>
> I highly doubt that the vanilla kernel from kernel.org had build
> issues, so I'm guessing one or more of the patches are suspect.

I've seen problem before, but I'm afraid I don't recall exactly what
the solution was in the end. I think it was something to do with the
particular compiler or libgcc in the distribution.

> In case this turns out to be a dead end, what does porting a driver
> to FILO involve?

It depends on the requirements of the driver, but hopefully it wont
be neccessary. Which kind of driver are we talking about? Storage or
filesystem?

//Peter