[coreboot] ### Bios

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:30:14 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Steve Spano <steve at fl-eng.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> We using an SST/Pflash 512KB FWH device. I think SST is getting away from
> all FWH but could be wrong.

SST49LF016 is the FWH, I would bet you are using an SST49LF004 now.
http://www.sst.com/downloads/datasheet/S71237.pdf

They are non-stocked, but available, at mouser:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=sst49lf016&Ns=P_SField

> Glad to hear the YAFFS2+NAND+IDE will be good. Although, I don't seem to see
> the NAND over IDE MTD driver in my kernel tree. Need to keep looking for
> that one....

Maybe you aren't looking for the right thing. Some pins on 553x are
muxed between the IDE controller and the NAND controller. If you mean
that you want to use the 5536 internal NAND controller, the driver is:

http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.27.5/drivers/mtd/nand/cs553x_nand.c

(make sure the muxing is set correctly by your firmware)

If you have some sort of IDE-NAND bridge device (like those in CF
cards), then you just use the IDE driver.