[coreboot] Resource allocation

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:37:53 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot the rule.  I'm down the path of creating static devices for each
> PNP device. :(

if you make a dts per PNP device, the dtc will do that for you.

don't go too far without a sanity test with me or you will go insane :-)

> Which has absolutely no knowledge of the dts.  We could, however, create an
> initialization function that copies all of the information from the dts into
> the specific device.  It just has to be done before resource allocation,
> which means that pnp_enable_devices needs to be split and renamed.

as marc pointed out, the phase3_chip_setup_dev does have dts knowledge.

I'm seeing the problem more now. As you have  pointed out, the pnp
stuff has no good connection to anything else, and this needs to be
fixed.

> I have a generic pnp dts which has members io,irq,io2,irq2,drq

can I see it?

ron