[coreboot] V2 Multiboot

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Nov 10 20:33:33 CET 2008

Jordan Crouse wrote:
> Stefan Reinauer wrote:

>> The patch mentioned in this URL unconditionally adds a multiboot table
>> and the code to handle that. Please don't do that - not everyone wants
>> to use multiboot.
>
> Why not?   It doesn't add any appreciable size, and we have plenty of
> room in that segment for all the tables we need.
Exactly. For those we need.

Why would we add tables we don't need, given the case we explicitly
disabled the functionality in the first place?

C'mon, all I'm asking for is to put multiboot code into #if
CONFIG_MULTIBOOT guards. If the plan is, however, to force everyone into
multiboot, I suggest to drop the CONFIG_MULTIBOOT option completely.

Stefan