[coreboot] Max pci bus number?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Nov 9 22:52:10 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 01:18:50PM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> Kevin, how would you feel about it if we handed the device tree off to
> you? Just wondering.
>
> Here are our choices.
>
> 1. ACPI

Well, the OS needs ACPI, but I'm defnitiely not going to parse a DSDT
in SeaBIOS.

> 2. device tree
> 3. OFW tree.

I'm not that familiar with them.  My preference would be something
very simple, like key/value pairs.  I don't object to a heirarchical
storage if it's simple though.

> I guess we need to solve this now anyway, other payloads will be able to use it.
>
> How much time does your max bus detect add to boot time?

That's a good question.  I don't have a reliable way of measuring
times.  I don't perceive a slowdown, but it's hard to tell because
epia-cn is a bit quirky right now -- coreboot seems to reboot like
three or four times before launching SeaBIOS.

-Kevin