[coreboot] SeaBIOS question and cross compilation fix.

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Nov 9 21:01:11 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 08:47:44PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Kevin O'Connor wrote:
[...]
> > BTW, I think you're going to need to setup SeaBIOS' gdt/idt - see the
> > code at "post32" in romlayout.S.
>
> Ok, this got me a whole lot further! For an initial test I let SeaBIOS
> scan and execute the VGA option ROM in Qemu.
> Unfortunately, it hangs while doing so:
[...]

Did you setup SeaBIOS' idt/gdt?  If not, you won't be able to use
call16() which would break calling option roms from SeaBIOS.  (It also
prevents usleep() from working which would prevent certain devices
from initializing.)

Otherwise, can you post the entry code that you are using?

-Kevin