[coreboot] Subtractive Resources

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:59:20 CET 2008

They get added fine.  That's why I wanted to know why that code was there.

> Even if we had a link, does it make sense to descend the link to read
> subtractive resources?

I don't know.

> I like patch 1 but at the same time it feels like maybe we're not
> getting at the right problem. If we're that point in the code, and
> reading links, why are the links not there?

I agree.  It does happen when it goes through the domain, which I think is
correct, and has no problems.

> > Sorry I wasn't more clear.  I meant that the fix no longer tries to call
> > functions with NULL pointers.  I don't think the dts is wrong, but I
> think
> > that there are a lot fewer intermediaries in v3 then there were in v2.
>
> Well, that I  like to hear.
>
> Marc made the case that things such as superio should not even be
> "under" the lpc in the dts, since they stand "outside" the tree in
> some sense. He argued that we should instead put them at top level.
> There is merit to his argument. This would simplify the lpc code as
> well.

I think it's fine to have the lpc define resources since that's who
implements them, but I like the idea of the resource being visible from the
domain (maybe not outside the tree.)

Thanks,
Myles